[Simh] Graphics support in SIMH

Paco Linux paco.linux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:16:27 EDT 2009

Hi:

The Xhomer is a DEC Pro 350 based on simh and has a display :
http://xhomer.isani.org/xhomer/xhomer.html

>From the web:

-Xhomer is based on the PDP-11CPU core from the SIMH
simulator<http://simh.trailing-edge.com/>,
and is written entirely in C.

-Xhomer is an X-windows application that was developed and tested on an x86
Linux system

Paco

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:43 AM,
Howard M. Harte <hharte at hartetechnologies.com> wrote:

> The PDP-1 simulator does support an X-Y display, but the code is not
> distributed as part of SIMH.  The PDP-1 display works on Windows, and
> X under Linux, and probably other *NIX as well.  Not sure why that
> code is not packaged as part of SIMH.
>
> For the TX-0 simulator I did a few months ago, I used a modified
> version of the PDP-1 display code.  I submitted it for inclusion into
> SIMH, but it is not (yet) part of the distribution.  I hope to see it
> appear with the next release of SIMH.
>
> The X-Y display is probably not what you want for graphic characters,
> but it's all I know of for SIMH.
>
> -Howard
>

> On Jun 2, 2009, at 6:02 PM, Mark Garlanger <garlanger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I saw the comment about graphics in the "SIMH: Forward... Into The
> > Past" paper:  "Future extensions will support graphics". I've looked
> > around but didn't see much about it on the website, maillist, or in
> > the code. I was wondering if support for graphics was actively being
> > worked on. For the system I'm interested in, an Heathkit H89,
> > support for character graphics are needed. I've started the emulator
> > under Mac OS X, C++, and OGL (GLUT), but I'm considering using SIMH
> > to make it more widely available.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Mark

|_|0|_|