[Simh] Graphics support in SIMH

Howard M. Harte hharte at hartetechnologies.com
Tue Jun 2 22:43:44 EDT 2009

The PDP-1 simulator does support an X-Y display, but the code is not
distributed as part of SIMH.  The PDP-1 display works on Windows, and
X under Linux, and probably other *NIX as well.  Not sure why that
code is not packaged as part of SIMH.

For the TX-0 simulator I did a few months ago, I used a modified
version of the PDP-1 display code.  I submitted it for inclusion into
SIMH, but it is not (yet) part of the distribution.  I hope to see it
appear with the next release of SIMH.

The X-Y display is probably not what you want for graphic characters,
but it's all I know of for SIMH.

-Howard