[Simh] BDV11 or loading roms in SIMH

SPC spedraja at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:46:54 EDT 2009

Hello. Doing a revision of my electronic archives I located one and-in for
SIMH from 2001. It was a BDV11 device capable to load one rom. Is very
similar (if not the same) to the rom in my PDP-11/23 PLUS.

Did someone something in this direction ?
Is SIMH capable to load and execute ROMS which could execute later a
bootstrap and so ?
Would be possible to create one general device named ROM (in the place of
BDV11 or other more specific) ?

Other matter of interest for me is the format of the .bin files as the
bdv11.bin which comes with this development for SIMH. Of course, is not
possible to load it for cause of one 'format error' in the moment of load.

I don't know if the original developer continues in this list. In negative
case I have no problem to send the code to everyone who request it. Not
complicated, but I didn't try to add it to the actual SIMH (is for the
version 2.6)

Kind Regards
Sergio