[Simh] Mouse capture on VAXstation II/GPX (KA630) simulator V4.0-0 Current

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Thu Mar 19 22:27:48 EDT 2020

On 3/19/20 5:24 PM, Hittner, David T [US] (MS) wrote:

> I see now; I just noticed that you were running the MicroVAX2
> executable, not the VAX executable, which doesn’t currently have a
> QDSS device (it could). The set cpu model command implicitly
> enables/disables the correct device(s). Try doing a “show device”
>  before and after the set cpu model command to see how the
> enable/disable works.
>
> The correct configuration is:
>
> ; for multicolor vaxstation
>
> set qdss capture                            ; qdss is the color device
>
>  set cpu model=vaxstationgpx  ;vaxstationgpx is multicolor variant

There is something broken with QDSS device emulation - mouse capture
does NOT work in QDSS emulation.

Mouse works fine in QVSS emulation.

So, currently, there is no way to have color graphics with mouse on SIMH
microvax2.

I will continue to use QVSS - monochrome is charming in its own way. I
am sure QDSS mouse capture will be fixed in the near future.

Thanks very much for your help, David.

Regards,

Supratim

--