[Simh] Mouse capture on VAXstation II/GPX (KA630) simulator V4.0-0 Current

Hittner, David T [US] (MS) david.hittner at ngc.com
Thu Mar 19 17:24:13 EDT 2020

I see now; I just noticed that you were running the MicroVAX2 executable, not the VAX executable, which doesn’t currently have a QDSS device (it could). The set cpu model command implicitly enables/disables the correct device(s). Try doing a “show device”  before and after the set cpu model command to see how the enable/disable works.

The correct configuration is:

   ; for multicolor vaxstation
   set qdss capture                            ; qdss is the color device
   set cpu model=vaxstationgpx  ;vaxstationgpx is multicolor variant

OR

  ; for monochrome vaxstation
  set qvss capture                             ;qvss is the monocolor device
  set cpu model=vaxstation          ;vaxstation is monocolor variant

David