[Simh] Fwd: OpenVMS Hobbyist Program

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Sun Mar 8 16:24:47 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Simh] OpenVMS Hobbyist Program
To: Arthur Krewat <krewat at kilonet.net>

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 6:52 AM Arthur Krewat <krewat at kilonet.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have a link to (or a copy of) the original Hobbyist license
> agreement, I'd really like to read it.

[snip]

Art (and others),

The command file containing the licenses has the Hobbyist license terms.

I'll include these lines from my recent VAX/Alpha license file below...

Tony

$!
$!                            HPE HOBBY LICENSE AGREEMENT
$!                                    For OpenVMS
$!
$!
$!
$!     This document is the legal agreement governing your use of the
Software.
$!     Please store it in a safe place.
$!
$!
$!                                   LICENSE TERMS
$!
$!     1.        GRANT
$!
$!       Upon your qualification for this license and your signature on this
$!          form, Hewlett Packard Enterprise("HPE") will grant you the
$!          right to use OpenVMS on a single computer ("Licensed
$!          Computer").  Use of the Licensed Computer is ONLY FOR
NON-COMMERCIAL
$!          USES (e.g., home use).  As such, you may not use the Licensed
Computer
$!          for any business purposes whatsoever, e.g., to develop
applications
$!          for resale, to do business accounting, etc.
$!
$!       Your license will be granted upon the issuance of the license key.
$!          Your rights to use the software and the license key are LIMITED
TO ONE
$!          YEAR from date of issuance of the license key.
$!
$!       You may copy the Software into the local memory or storage device
of
$!          the specified quantity of computers.  You may make a single
archival
$!          or back-up copy of the Software.
$!
$!       You may NOT transfer your rights to use the Software, the Software
$!          itself and the accompanying documentation including this License
$!          Agreement.
$!
$!     2.        COPYRIGHT
$!
$!       The Software is owned by HPE and its suppliers and is protected by
$!          copyright laws and international treaties.  Your use of the
Software
$!          and associated documentation is subject to the applicable
copyright
$!          laws and the express rights and restrictions of this License
$!          Agreement.
$!
$!     3.        RESTRICTIONS
$!
$!       You may not rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the Software except
as
$!          expressly authorized in this License Agreement.
$!
$!       You may not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary
$!          notices from the Software or the media.
$!
$!       You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the
Software,
$!          except to the extent HPE cannot prohibit such acts by law.
$!
$!                           LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
$!
$!    LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE PRODUCTS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
FURNISHED
$!    HEREUNDER ARE FURNISHED "AS IS".  HPE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES THAT
MAY
$!    BE IMPLIED ON THE PRODUCTS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED
$!    WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT WILL HPE BE
$!    LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA OR USE, LOST
$!    PROFITS OR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR
IN
$!    CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE
PRODUCTS,
$!    WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT OR TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE.
$!
$!
$!
$!                              U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS
$!
$!     Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software,
$!     Computer Software Documentation, and TEchnical Data for Commercial
Items
$!     are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard
commercial
$!     license.
$!
$!
$!                                       GENERAL
$!
$!     You are responsible for compliance with all applicable export or
re-export
$!     control laws and regulations if you export the Software.  This
Agreement is
$!     governed by and is to be construed under the laws of the State of
Texas.
$!
$!     If you have any questions concerning this Agreement, please contact
your
$!     local HPE sales office or email to
$!     Office of OpenVMS Programs (OpenVMS.Programs at hpe.com)
$!
$!     HPE and the HPE logo Registered in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
$!     All other product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their
$!     respective companies.
$!     Copyright 2012 Hewlett-Packward Company
$!
$!
$!     Usage of this licenses consistutes agreement with all terms of this
Hobbyist
$!     License Agreement
$!
$!
$! *************************************************************************
$!  Issued by the HPE LMF License Key Management Group*
$!      New England (New Hampshire) - USA
$!      Version 16.03.11.1228
$!      Licenses below are for OpenVMS on VAX or Alpha
$!  For the latest info on OpenVMS, goto http://www.hpe.com/info/openvms
$!
$!  Note: A change has been made so that if an existing license exists with
$!        no termination/release date or a termination/release date greater
$!        than (or equal to) the termination/release in this file, the PAK
$!        in this file will not be loaded.
$!        %X107880D3  %SHOW-I-NOLICMATCH, no licenses match search criteria
$!        %X107880CB  %SHOW-I-NOLICENSE, no licenses exist
$! *************************************************************************
$!
$! PAKs(112) listed below include:
$!   ACMS, ACMS-REM, ACMS-RT, ACMSXP-DEV, ACMSXP-RT, ADA, ADA-PDO,
ADAO-PDO,
$!   ALLIN1-MAIL-DW-CLIENT, ALLIN1-MAIL-SERVER, ALLIN1-MAIL-SERVER-USER,
$!   ALLIN1-MAIL-VT-CLIENT, ALLIN1-MAIL-VT-USER, ALLIN1-MAIL-WAN-SERVER,
$!   AUDIOKIT-USER, AVAIL-MAN, BASIC, C, CMS, COBOL, CXX-V, DCE-APP-DEV,
DCE-CDS,
$!   DCE-SECURITY, DCPS-OPEN, DCPS-PLUS, DECDCS-SRV-VA, DECMIGRATE, DECRAM,
$!   DECWRITE, DECWRITE-USER, DESKTOP-ACMS, DFG, DFS, DQS, DTM, DTR,
$!   DTR-UI-JAPANESE, DVNETEND, DVNETEXT, DVNETRTG, DW-MOTIF,
DW-MOTIF-UI-CESKY,
$!   DW-MOTIF-UI-DEUTSCH, DW-MOTIF-UI-ESPANOL, DW-MOTIF-UI-FRANCAIS,
$!   DW-MOTIF-UI-HANGUL, DW-MOTIF-UI-HANYU, DW-MOTIF-UI-HANZI,
$!   DW-MOTIF-UI-HEBREW, DW-MOTIF-UI-ITALIANO, DW-MOTIF-UI-JAPANESE,
$!   DW-MOTIF-UI-MAGYAR, DW-MOTIF-UI-POLSKI, DW-MOTIF-UI-RUSSKIJ,
$!   DW-MOTIF-UI-SLOVENSKY, DW-MOTIF-UI-SVENSKA, DW-SNA-3270-TE-VMS,
$!   EXT-MATH-LIB, EXT-MATH-LIB-RT, FMS, FMS-RT-UI-JAPANESE, FMS-UI-HANGUL,
$!   FMS-UI-JAPANESE, FORMS, FORMS-RT, FORMS-RT-UI-HANGUL,
FORMS-RT-UI-HANYU,
$!   FORTRAN, GKS, GKS-RT, GKS-RT-UI-JAPANESE, GKS-UI-JAPANESE, GKS3D,
GKS3D-RT,
$!   LSE, MACRO64, MAILBUS-400-API, MAILBUS-400-MTA, MMOV-DV, MMOV-RT, MMS,
$!   NOTES, OPENVMS-ALPHA, OPENVMS-ALPHA-USER, OPENVMS-HOBBYIST, OPS5,
PASCAL,
$!   PCA, PHIGS, PHIGS-RUNTIME, PHIGS-RUNTIME-UI-JAPAN, PHIGS-UI-JAPANESE,
$!   RMSJNL, RTR-CL, RTR-SVR, SQL-DEV, SSU, UCX, UCX-IP-CLIENT, UCX-IP-NFS,
$!   UCX-IP-RT, VAX-VMS, VAXCLUSTER, VAXSET, VMS-UI-JAPANESE, VMSCLUSTER,
$!   VOLSHAD, X25, X25-CLIENT, X500-ADMIN-FACILITY, X500-DIRECTORY-SERVER
$!
$ set noon
$!
$! Ensure we are on VAX / Alpha
$!
$ if f$getsyi("ARCH_NAME") .EQS. "IA64"
$ then
$    Write sys$output "These PAKs are for VAX / Alpha Servers only."
$    exit
$ endif
$!
$! This PAK issued on 04-Mar-2020 11:46
$ Call CheckLicense "ACMS" "1-JAN-2022"
$ IF ($STATUS .EQS. "%X107880D3") .OR. ($STATUS .EQS. "%X107880CB")
$ THEN
$ LICENSE REGISTER ACMS -
/ISSUER=DEC -
/AUTHORIZATION=HOBBYIST-VA-KEYFINAL-xxxxx -
/PRODUCER=DEC -
/UNITS=0 -
/TERMINATION_DATE=1-JAN-2022 -
[SNIP]