[Simh] OpenVMS Hobbyist Program

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Sun Mar 8 15:51:29 EDT 2020

Does anyone have a link to (or a copy of) the original Hobbyist license
agreement, I'd really like to read it.

It hasĀ  been my understanding for a LONG time, that license PAKs are not
a guarantee that you've actually licensed anything.

While the Hobbyist License PAKs are expiring, does your actual
right-to-use expire with the PAKs according to the license? Does it
specifically say that when the PAKs expire, you lose your right to use
the software?

I see a few different cross-purposes in this thread.

1) You have a Hobby license but run it for commercial purposes (hence,
illegal).
2) You have a commercial license. The PAKs you have should never expire.
I have a crap-load of them from when I saved them from the garbage at a
consulting customer of mine. They are NOT legal for me to use
commercially. Likewise, just because you bought a license PAK off of
eBay, doesn't mean you have the "right" to use that software.
3) You have a hobbyist license, but they are not renewing PAKs for you.
The license itself, depending on it's terms, might offer you relief in
some way.

art k.