[Simh] pdp11 - console input with high bit set

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jul 24 18:55:07 EDT 2020

Technically, this is not something about simh at all.
However, it is possible to do a workaround inside simh. But unless it is
already implemented (in which case I would expect there to be some
command or setting for it), you might need to modify the simh code to
work around the problem.

But bottom line is that the software you are running are expecting bytes
received over the serial port to have MARK parity, so you need to ensure
that you actually send data with MARK parity.

The workaround would be to fake that the data received on the serial
port have MARK parity by explicitly turning on the high bit on all
received characters.

   Johnny