[Simh] Design considerations in the J11

Don North ak6dn at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 12 16:49:37 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-12 01:19 PM, Alan Frisbie wrote:
> On 07/12/2020 10:48 AM, Don North wrote:
>
>> VS60 terminals running off DEC KL10 systems running TOPS-10 were used.
>
> I love the VS60.  I acquired one (for free!) about 1985, but didn't have
> room in my old house to bring everything together in one room. Now that
> I have moved to rural Oregon I have space for my vintage computer "museum",
> and hope to get the VS60 together this winter so I can run Lunar Lander
> again.  :-)
>
> Anything you (or anyone) can tell me about the VS60 would be appreciated.
>
> Alan "Lunatic" Frisbie

The variation I am familiar with was called the GT62, and included the VS60 display
subsystem, light pen and button box, and an 11/34 processor with RX02 floppies.
There was also a local terminal, either a VT52 or a VT100.

IIRC we ran RT11 so you could launch lunar lander, or else the SUDS terminal
software.

Back end comms was a serial link (9600b IIRC) to the local KL10 host, running
TOPS-10.

My interaction at that point was as a user of the SUDS software to do schematic
design.