[Simh] EXT : MAME and simh

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Jul 1 13:07:05 EDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020, 12:37 Dan Gahlinger <dgahling at hotmail.com> wrote:

> or SecureCRT which has a whole slew of VT terminal support, control and
> options.
> free for 30 days but definitely worth the price.
>
> it's what I use for my vax emulation with simh
>
> MAME is multi ARCADE machine emulator, and while it may support or use the
> roms for VT terminals, it's only meant for use with the game machines that
> need it.
> don't ask me which ones, I have no idea.

MAME emulates a lot more than you think, including various workstations and
terminals. Just like simh emulates more than just DEC hardware.

http://www.progettoemma.net/mess/sysset.php

Also, Peter said he's using Linux. Idk why everyone is trying to suggest
Windows terminal emulators to him. There's a lot better VT terminal
emulators than Putty and SecureCRT on Linux.

Pat