[Simh] Unattended background SIMH process

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 18:19:01 EST 2019

The best way is probably to pass a power-fail interrupt to the emulated OS,
and have it set up to deal with that. I'm now sure how many of the OS's
available under simh emulation have such facilities.

An option would be to have a simh command, like
ONSHUTDOWN <silename>
where a simh script is executed when a shutdown interrupt occurs on the
host OS. This may nor be as useful, as the consol may not be in a state to
handle command input at any moment (not logged out, or sitting at a shell
prompt).

Most of the time, though, I don't get any warning anyway (someone trips
over the power cord).