[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Sun Jan 20 22:00:07 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 10:46 AM Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I’m curious as to the provenance of
> the tape. Where’d you find it and do you know when it’s from?

The original (corrupted) Dectape image is at

http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/DEC/pdp11/dectape/rsts/SeattlePacificCollege/158_ahl_basic_games.dta.gz

Since RSTS (and RSTS/E) natively access files from DECtape in DOS-11 format
only - I found the home block was offset in the image file (If I recall it
was not on a block boundary).  A snip of these superfluous bytes made it
readable.  The location of the original file suggests it came from Seattle
Pacific College.  Someone at bitsavers (Al Kossow) may know more about the
DECtape's provenance.

Tony

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Bryan Davies <bryan.e.davies at gmail.com>