[Simh] Multiple sim_video windows?

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Apr 15 01:53:16 EDT 2019

Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Mark Pizzolato wrote:
>> Well, if there really were configurations which had software support
>> that can still be found today that actually drove multiple display
>> devices simultaneously
> The MIT AI Lab PDP-10 had both a 340 display, and the color scope
> attached.

I'm looking into the WAITS operating system.  It had a device to attach
a handful of III vector displays.  There's another device to attach a
Data Disc memory with 32 raster graphics channels.  The video switch can
route those and 7 analogue inputs to any of 64 displays.

So this is clearly an example of a configuration with existing software
to drive multiple displays.

Having said that, in this particular case it doesn't seem useful to have
SIMH open dozens of windows.  I would rather work with something
analogous to the TMXR serial lines, and have external GUI software
connect through the network.