[Simh] External bus interface

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Thu Jan 18 12:34:12 EST 2018

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 9:27 AM, Lars Brinkoff wrote:
> Thanks, that's good to know.  It's encouraging that something is underway.
>
> Are the machines running inside the same process?  I was vaguely thinking
> about running machines as separate processes, with some communication
> mechanism between them.

The goal is to leverage the existing simulator code without any heavy lifting
which would be required to have multiple simulators running in the same process.

> Maybe shared memory, maybe something else.

What I'm working on is based around shared memory which may or may not
be used directly by the device simulator using it.  This allows the same interfaces
to leverage the rest of the hooks into SCP.

> It wouldn't even have to be SimH in both ends.

In theory that might be true, but that won't be a primary goal.

- Mark