[Simh] PDP11 on Simh for public access

Jordi Guillaumes Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Thu Jan 18 08:20:57 EST 2018

> On 18 Jan 2018, at 11:29, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bryan,
>
> These prompts can all be addressed with EXPECT and SEND commands as part of your simulator startup configuration file.  These commands are built into simh.  See HELP EXPECT and HELP SEND.  Appropriate values to answer date and time prompts can be part of the SEND text as well.  See HELP DO VARIABLE_INSERTION.
>
> Have fun.

Hello,

I run a simh instance with RSTS (BITXOT in HECNET) and this is the sequence I use to boot it. Add these lines to your simh .INI file and see if they work for you:

echo
;echo "boot rp" to boot RSTS/E
echo Booting RSTS/E from RP0 (DB0:)

EXPECT "Today\'s date?"
boot rp
SEND AFTER=10000 "%DATE_DD%-%DATE_MMM%-%DATE_YY%\r"
EXPECT "Current time?"
continue
SEND AFTER=10000 "%TIME_HH%:%TIME_MM%\r"
EXPECT "Start timesharing? <Yes>"
continue
SEND AFTER=10000 "\r"
EXPECT "Proceed with system startup? <YES> "
continue
SEND AFTER=10000 "\r"
continue

I hope it helps!