[Simh] PDP11 on Simh for public access

Bryan Davies bryan.e.davies at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:40:28 EST 2018

Many thanks to all for the advice.   Unfortunately I'm still not quite
there.

I have written an Expect script which runs Simh and sure enough responds to
the startup prompts.  Unfortunately after it completes the terminal isn't
interactive anymore.  Oddly it still echoes characters to the screen but
with no response - either from RSTS or Rasbian.   If I open another
Terminal, PS shows me the pdp11 emulator running as another process but
tty1 is stuck in bash.

I have included a fork and disconnect at the end of the script as suggested
but to no effect.

Expect commands don't seem to work within Simh.  Should they?