[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Feb 2 03:22:31 EST 2018

Hello,

Some time ago, an old version of the Adventure game was found.
According to Woods, the March 11 files are the originals from Crowther.

https://jerz.setonhill.edu/intfic/colossal-cave-adventure-source-code/

Maybe this is of come historical interest, and could be part of the SIMH
games kits.  This version builds without modifications with the DEC F40
compiler.  I tested this in ITS.  Credits to the person who provided
build instructions on YouTube!

Unfortunately, there's a problem: All lines output by the program are
missing the very first character.  I tried to look at the file input
code, and the SPEAK subroutine, but I'm not well versed in FORTRAN IV.