[Simh] Idea for a Simh guide

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue May 9 21:14:29 EDT 2017

Ray,

Great idea!  I'll offer help on the subject of RSTS-11 and RSTS/E.

Come to think of it, I need to gather up some notes about some work I've done on old versions: (1) building RSTS-11 V4A from a kit (tricky, because it really wants to be done with DOS 4 and not later versions, and DOS 4 is a bit difficult to find and has bizarre installation procedures of its own).  And (2) try to run the V3A and V3C images on Bitsavers.  (I had success with V3C; the V3A image seems to be missing a valid boot block so that requires more work.  Also, V3 manuals appear to be utterly nonexistent.)

	paul