[Simh] VAX 8200

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Sun Mar 19 07:38:40 EDT 2017

Don't be discouraged from posting.  Nothing wrong with a quick hack.
They do tend to have a longer than intended life, and considering the
range of experience on the list, I thought it worth taking a couple of
minutes to suggest a more robust implementation.

I did restrain myself and did not point out how to provide command line
arguments (foreign or DCL command table), create a VMS help file,
internationalize messages or build a VMSINSTAL (or PCSI) kit :-) It is,
after all, a QUICK hack...

Later hardware uses FLASH parts, which aren't socketed (well, very
rarely), so even for people who have the hardware skills to remove ROMs,
there's a future use for a utility.  Plus, it works in simulation :-)