[Simh] VAX 8200

Rick Murphy simh at rickmurphy.net
Sat Mar 18 21:01:16 EDT 2017

On 3/18/2017 12:23 PM, Timothe Litt wrote:

> Even though someone found a utility for the 8200, a program like this
> is handy for other machines (and device roms).
>
> A good outline of the essentials of PFN (and file) mapping, but for
> general use...

Timothe, well spotted (I actually noticed the lack of $close when
posted, and said, oh well... it does the job.)
However, remind me to never post any quick hack here ever again. :)

This was used to pull an image of the ROM, initially to probe the code
with VMS PATCH, eventually to dupe the ROM. In the end, it was easier to
just pull the ROMs and duplicate them.
     -Rick