[Simh] Simh Digest, Vol 167, Issue 30

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Dec 12 16:12:20 EST 2017

Hi Kurt,

This is a duplicate of a recently reported problem with host physical serial port connections through the DZ device on the VAX simulator.  Details at: https://github.com/simh/simh/issues/504

I haven’t had time to setup the environment to test this so I can track down the underlying problem.

Meanwhile, you can connect the physical terminal to the VAX simulator’s console port with:
     sim> SET CONSOLE SERIAL=ser0;9600-8n1
or equivalently on your system:
     sim> SET CONSOLE SERIAL=/dev/ttyUSB0;9600-8n1

The failure of your command:
    sim> attach ttix line=0,connect=/dev/ttyUSB0;1200-7n1
    Non-existent device

Is pilot error on your part.  There is no TTIX device in the VAX simulator and the error message correctly reports that.  That command might work on the PDP8 simulator which does have a TTIX device…

-          Mark