[Simh] RT-11 source

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 14:07:33 EDT 2016

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 10:19 PM, Ray Jewhurst <raywjewhurst at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you Johnny. I may ruffle some feathers, but I hate C.  I am mildly autistic and the way my mind works I actually prefer assembly over high level languages. I would really like a blueprint to see what I am doing. Is there commented code for DOS/BATCH? Or even CAPS-11. I would like love to see a fully commented kernel to see what I am up against.

I've never seen DOS sources.  Also, DOS/Batch is a later version with more stuff in it.  DOS V4 might be better.

On the other hand, DOS is a truly evil operating system.  I don't know its internals, but just from using it you can tell it should never be used as a model.

RT-11 is very clean.  I've worked with V2A (the FB version when possible, SJ when I didn't have enough memory).  They are very simple and compact; the UI is the old TOPS-10 style, not the newer bloated "DCL" interface.  So a V2 era edition would be a good way to go.

	paul