[Simh] RT-11 source

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Oct 23 14:19:06 EDT 2016

On 10/23/16 11:07 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> I've never seen DOS sources.  Also, DOS/Batch is a later version with more stuff in it.  DOS V4 might be better.
>
> On the other hand, DOS is a truly evil operating system.  I don't know its internals, but just from using it you can tell it should never be used as a model.
>
> RT-11 is very clean.  I've worked with V2A (the FB version when possible, SJ when I didn't have enough memory).  They are very simple and compact; the UI is the old TOPS-10 style, not the newer bloated "DCL" interface.  So a V2 era edition would be a good way to go.

DOS and RT V2C sources are on the (pretty much disorganized) dectape images under
www.bitsavers.org/bits/DEC/pdp11/dectape/BS/

V2CT1       DEC-11-ORTSA-E-UA1  3/16/76
            RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 1 OF 6
V2CT2       RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 2 OF 6
V2CT3       RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 3 OF 6
V2CT4       RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 4 OF 6
V2CT5       RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 5 OF 6
V2CT6       RT-11 V02C SOURCE TAPE 6 OF 6