[Simh] RT-11 source

Davis Johnson davis at frizzen.com
Sun Oct 23 12:34:21 EDT 2016

You might think that the Tanenbaum book would be narrowly focused on
Minix. It isn't -- it covers operating system concepts in general.

I recommend the book more than the OS. Minix is written to be an
understandable classroom example. It does things that a serious OS
probably would optimize better. For example a generic hardware interrupt
handler adds a device specific interrupt handler to the process queue
that is scheduled as a high priority process by the process scheduler.
Unibus interrupts on a 780 weren't that bad.