[Simh] Problem with "set console telnet=... " on MicroVAX3900 simulator

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:00:10 EDT 2016

On 11 May 2016 at 20:18,  <malcolm at avitech.com.au> wrote:
> [error description snipped]
I can confirm that this error exists also in the PDP-11 simulator and
PDP-10 emulators (and probably others).Versions prior to X'E05DE3E5',
specifically the last Windows pre-built binary X'3A4E879C' function
fine.

I also tested using the (horrible) Microsoft telnet client, which also
is unable to connect to the PDP-11 simulator. (It prints "All
connections busy" and then "Connection to host lost.")

> My simh.ini file is attached.  I’ve experimented with commenting out the
> line that auto-starts PuTTY.  It makes no difference whether this is in out
> (I get the same problem when I attempt to manually start PuTTY).

Your INI file seems fine, and is similar to the INI for my PDP-11
simulator (see attached).

> Anyone else had a similar problem, or a suggestion for what I am doing wrong
> here?

I believe the problem is that either commit X'E05DE3E5', X'7B3E63AA',
X'3FADB7E3', X'ED4631B8', or a combination of them (sorry Mark!) broke
something in the handling of CONSOLE telnet, while making the
multiplexer telnet more capable.

Cheers,
Christian

As an aside, DMC11/DMR11 in RSTS/E still doesn't work; mentioning that
since my PDP-11 INI defines some DMR11s, which don't work in RSTS/E
10.1-L.
--
Christian M. Gauger-Cosgrove
STCKON08DS0