[Simh] Problem with "set console telnet=... " on MicroVAX3900 simulator

malcolm at avitech.com.au malcolm at avitech.com.au
Wed May 11 20:18:31 EDT 2016

I've been using the command "set console telnet=2222" on the MicroVAX3900
simulator, using downloaded pre-built Windows binaries.

In an earlier version of the simulator (git commit id: 3a4e879c) this was
working fine. I also had LAT and DECnet functionality working fine across
the network to/from real VAX hardware.  All was great!

However in the two subsequent versions that I've tried (git commit ID's
e05de3e5 and e05de3e5), I can't get the "set console telnet=2222" command to
work.  PuTTY shows an error in a message box: "Network error: Connection
reset by peer", and in the SIMH console window I don't get the usually
repeating message (until PuTTY starts) that SIMH is "waiting for console
Telnet connection".

My simh.ini file is attached.  I've experimented with commenting out the
line that auto-starts PuTTY.  It makes no difference whether this is in out
(I get the same problem when I attempt to manually start PuTTY).

Anyone else had a similar problem, or a suggestion for what I am doing wrong
here?

Thanks,

Malcolm.