[Simh] TU-58 tape

Don North ak6dn at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 23 20:28:35 EDT 2016

My mistake ... after checking the website these look to be block by block image
of TU-58 tapes, but labeled as '.tap' files instead of '.dsk' files.
The .dsk file would normally be a block for block image of the disk (or block
addressable tape) device.
Whereas a '.tap' file would not only have data, but embedded flag words for
record separators, end of file indicators, and such.

So as Mark indicates these files should be mountable on the SIMH TU58 device and
accessible by the appropriate software (ie, VMS TU58 driver in this case).

Don