[Simh] exit fig-forth monitor in RST/E

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:44:48 EST 2016

Hi,

In RSTS V10.1-L (and possibly others) there is a runtime monitor called
FORTH.4TH Fig-Forth v2.0+. If it is installed as a monitor via:
install /runtime_system
Run-time System: UNSUPP$:FORTH

and set as monitor via:
set job/key=forth

It responds as would a forth REPL:

FIG-FORTH V2.0+

88 88 * .
7744  ok

: SQUARE DUP * ;
  ok
25 SQUARE .
625  ok

But so far as I can tell, there's no way to switch back to DCL or any
other monitor type. I know that I can kill the job from another session
(or believe this to be the case), but I was hoping someone would know
how to exit the Forth monitor.

typing quit, exit, bye (restarts the Forth loop), CTRL-C, X, Z, etc
don't seem to have the desired effect and the PF keys or F keys don't
seem to be known to forth. I know this questions is a little sideways of
being on topic, but maybe there's a key  or mapping that I don't know
about in SimH for Forth envionments.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Will