[Simh] PDP11 default terminal setting

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jan 3 17:28:25 EST 2016

On 2016-01-03 21:36, Johnny Eriksson wrote:
> Sillbit <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
>> Yes. And let's not forget the VT05. Not exactly a speed demon, even if
>> it was a glass TTY...
>
> On the other hand, and in my opinion, the VT05 is one thing that
> is best forgotten.
>
> It is the only device I know of that needed fill characters if you
> sent large amounts of fill characters to it...

Heh... Not that I ever hit that problem, but then again, I never used a
VT05 extensively. But I do remember feeling very competent when I
managed to disable the margin bell on that thing. A case of reading the
schematics, and then cutting the correct wire on the correct card. :-)

> --Johnny (the other one)

Funny in a way, since I remember your name from when I was an extreme
newbie on NADJA.
I was just fascinated that there was another "Johnny", and one that knew
much more, and had been around much longer than me. So I rather thought
of myself as "the other one". :-)

(For others, this was in the early 80s, and NADJA was a KS-10 at KTH,
The Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and a machine on which
random "hackers" were fooling around after midnight. TOPS-10... Ah, the
memories...)

	Johnny