[Simh] Klh10 vs Simh

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Feb 26 08:45:39 EST 2016

On 2016-02-25 20:07, Timothe Litt wrote:
> my employer's views, if any, on the matters discussed.
> On 25-Feb-16 13:48, Michael Kerpan wrote:
>> I've been hoping for a KL simulation in SIMH for a while. KLH10 lacks
>> support for things like serial over Telnet which means that multiuser
>> is essentially impossible on KLH10 without all kinds of networking
>> mojo. Sadly, I don't have the skill to actually write such a beast,
>> I'm of no use except as a data point regarding interest in such a
>> development.
>>
>> Mike
>>
> If the recently promised release of Linux code for DECnet/LAT
> materializes, you'll be able to
> connect to KLH10-based machines with as many connections as you can keep
> track of.
>
> Both TOPS-10 and TOP-20 on the KL supported LAT, and of course DECnet
> NRT and CTERM.

...and telnet. So, (as also Rich pointed out), what is the problem
actually? Are people so limited in their mind that they only think that
they can use telnet if the simulator have a telnet to serial port
connection, and do not think that the OS itself actually can do
networking... (with many different protocols)

	Johnny