[Simh] vax simh and loading file

Bill Cunningham billcun at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 15 14:53:09 EST 2016

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wilm Boerhout
  To: simh at trailing-edge.com
  Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 3:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [Simh] vax simh and loading file

  Exactly. The only thing that simh adds to this process is the "set cr
  reset" command to prompt the card reader (driver?).

  So on simh, the flow control would be:

   1. get your "card deck" in a file on the host
   2. boot simh with the cr device attached to said file
   3. boot your VAX
   4. log in, then CTRL/E out to the simh prompt, and issue "set cr reset"
   5. issue "continue" to the simh prompt to resume the VAX
   6. observe that your job has run, and the file (if not deleted, which
      is the default) is now a DCL file in your default login directory,
      default name is "INPBATCH.COM". Name may be overridden by the /NAME
      qualifier on the job card.

  /Wilm

  OK here's what I tried. Issuing "continue" in simg doesn't work. simh> "continue" just gives an error.

  ./vax
  lo -r ka655x.bin
  set cpu 64m
  set cpu idle=vms
  set rq0 ra92
  at rq0 vms
  at nvr r
  set cr autoeof
  at -a cr list "name of licnese PAKs
  set cr translation=029
  b cpu
  Then I use "b dua0" no problems
  login as system and enter password. No problems
  ^E
  simh>
  here I enter "set cr reset"
  and at simh>
  I enter "continue" and get an error. <shrug>

  Bill