[Simh] vax simh and loading file

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 03:42:20 EST 2016

Exactly. The only thing that simh adds to this process is the "set cr
reset" command to prompt the card reader (driver?).

So on simh, the flow control would be:

 1. get your "card deck" in a file on the host
 2. boot simh with the cr device attached to said file
 3. boot your VAX
 4. log in, then CTRL/E out to the simh prompt, and issue "set cr reset"
 5. issue "continue" to the simh prompt to resume the VAX
 6. observe that your job has run, and the file (if not deleted, which
    is the default) is now a DCL file in your default login directory,
    default name is "INPBATCH.COM". Name may be overridden by the /NAME
    qualifier on the job card.

/Wilm