[Simh] OSs with accessible documentation

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Feb 8 19:42:53 EST 2016

There was another system that came out at the same time as Solo and the UCSD system: Tunis from Ric Holt then at Toronto.   It's written in concurrent Euclid which was one of many Pascal influenced languages of the time. It originally ran on the 11 but I believe was later moved to the 68k and I think even the 6809.    He has a book they describes it.  It's a system call equivalent of UNIX V7.  I believe that there was also a C compiler for it but I do not think its binary compatible.

They did it a few years before AST released Minux which was his V7 clone he built to teach students.

Does anyone know it there are sources et al for it?

Clem

Sent from my iPhone