[Simh] Macro-11 Macro library question (RT11 running in SimH PDP11)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Feb 5 13:18:58 EST 2016

On 2016-02-05 19:05, Will Senn wrote:

> On 2/5/16 10:20 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
>>> On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> A couple of questions:

>>> lib/mac/c tin tin
>>> macro et2/list/cross+tin.mlb/lib
>>> ?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
>>> DK:ET2,DK:ET2/C=DK:ET2,DK:TIN.SML
>> Try putting the macro library earlier in the command line.  I believe
>> MACRO processes command arguments as it encounters them, so here
>> you're asking it to assemble ET2 before you've given it the macro
>> library it needs to understand the .MCALL.
>>
>>     paul
>>
> I tried the command with the filespecs switched with the same result:

[...]

I have some problems helping, as this is RT-11. I would definitely know
better how to troubleshoot this in RSX. :-/

> It looks to me like it is finding the file, but not "seeing" the macro
> definition?

I'm sure there is a way to list what macros exist in the library file.
Could you check that your macro really exists there. Also extract it, to
see that it indeed looks correct.

Also, there might be some issues (possibly) since you use + to provide
several files. I *think* that the '+' operator in general would imply
that the files are concatenated together, and a comma might be a better
separator to use. However, since .LIBRARY also fails, this cannot really
be the problem. So I'm a bit lost why it fails for you. Starting by
checking your library would be good.

	Johnny