[Simh] Macro-11 Macro library question (RT11 running in SimH PDP11)

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:05:51 EST 2016

On 2/5/16 10:20 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
>> On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> A couple of questions:

>> lib/mac/c tin tin
>> macro et2/list/cross+tin.mlb/lib
>> ?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
>> DK:ET2,DK:ET2/C=DK:ET2,DK:TIN.SML
> Try putting the macro library earlier in the command line.  I believe MACRO processes command arguments as it encounters them, so here you're asking it to assemble ET2 before you've given it the macro library it needs to understand the .MCALL.
>
> 	paul

I tried the command with the filespecs switched with the same result:
.macro tin.MLB/lib+et2/list/cross
?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
DK:TIN,DK:ET2/C=DK:TIN.MLB/M,DK:ET2

And then I ran it via run macro:
.run macro
*ET2.OBJ,ET2.LST,ET2.LST=TIN.MLB/M,ET2
?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
ET2.OBJ,ET2.LST,ET2.LST=TIN.MLB/M,ET2
*

And then I edited the macro file to include a LIBRARY directive:
     .TITLE  ETTYIN
     .LIBRARY /TIN.MLB/
     .MCALL    .TTYOUT,.TIN

START:    MOV    #BUFFER,R1
     CLR    R2
INLOOP:    .TIN    (R1)+
     INC    R2
     CMPB    #12,R0
     BNE    INLOOP
     MOV    #BUFFER,R1
OUTLOOP:.TTYOUT    (R1)+
     DEC    R2
     BEQ    START
     BR    OUTLOOP
BUFFER:    .BLKW    64.
     .END    START

and recompiled:
.macro et2/list/cross
?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
DK:ET2,DK:ET2/C=DK:ET2

It looks to me like it is finding the file, but not "seeing" the macro
definition?

Thanks,

Will