[Simh] Macro-11 Macro library question (RT11 running in SimH PDP11)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Feb 5 13:28:18 EST 2016

> On Feb 5, 2016, at 1:18 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> Also, there might be some issues (possibly) since you use + to provide several files. I *think* that the '+' operator in general would imply that the files are concatenated together, and a comma might be a better separator to use.

No, in the DCL command, + is correct.  The meaning of + is that you're listing several files that contribute to a single output, while comma means you're doing several separate operations.

I believe the following are both legal:

macro a,b,c
macro a+b+c

The first does three assemblies: a, then b, then c, producing three separate outputs; the second does a single assembly using files a, b, and c as the inputs.

	paul