[Simh] Macro-11 Macro library question (RT11 running in SimH PDP11)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Feb 5 11:28:27 EST 2016

On 2016-02-05 17:20, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> A couple of questions:

>> lib/mac/c tin tin
>> macro et2/list/cross+tin.mlb/lib
>> ?MACRO-E-Errors detected:  2
>> DK:ET2,DK:ET2/C=DK:ET2,DK:TIN.SML
>
> Try putting the macro library earlier in the command line.  I believe MACRO processes command arguments as it encounters them, so here you're asking it to assemble ET2 before you've given it the macro library it needs to understand the .MCALL.

I think Paul is right here. It's a question of ordering. MACRO-11 will
only search through the libraries it knows about when hitting the
.MCALL. A file that comes after on the command line will not be searched
in files before.

You can also use .LIBRARY in the macro file itself, to add additional
macro library files to be searched.

	Johnny