[Simh] Interdata OS/32 - MTM

Don Stalkowski dstalk at execulink.com
Thu Feb 4 10:27:15 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 08:24:36PM -0500, Davis Johnson wrote:

> Hard to say. That is probably most of it.
> Try this:
> Type 'MTMSGN MAC' at the console prompt. That should create a new mtm using
> parameters from MTMPARMS.MAC.
>
> The usual thing to do is copy MTMPARMS.MAC to your own file, say
> MTMPARMS.001

I got:

*MTMSGN MAC
*

So, tried with MTMPARMS.001:

*MTMSGN 001
*09:47:13   .BG: CAL MACRO/32 03-339R00-00
*09:47:13   .BG:  NO ERRORS
*09:47:13   .BG:END OF TASK     0
*09:47:13   .BG:CAL/32 03-338R00-00
*09:47:13   .BG:SVC7 ERROR CODE = 03 FN = 4082 LU =05
*09:47:13   .BG:TASK PAUSED
*D TA
PARM-ERR  POS=TA
*CANCEL CAL32
PARM-ERR  POS=CAL32
*MARK DSC4:,OFF
STAT-ERR  TYPE=PRIV  POS=OFF
*

I guess some useful commands are not in 6.2!

The real issue for me is that in order for the system to be useful
it should probably be able to execute a high level language like
Fortran. The Fortran setup routines require MTM. I've tried getting
some of the languages (Pascal and Fortran) from the Interchange
tapes to work but concluded they're beyond my skill level.

Don