[Simh] Interdata OS/32 - MTM

Don Stalkowski dstalk at execulink.com
Thu Feb 4 17:13:47 EST 2016

I don't want to confuse things, but I do want to clarify the issue
of MTM availability.

OS/32 8.1 has an MTM tape that has no MTM.TSK on it. MTMSGN may
fix that but MTMSGN fails with the same problem as in my previous
post.

OS/32 7.2 has an MTM tape that includes MTM.TSK but there is no
starter tape for 7.2.

OS/32 6.2 has am MTM tape that appears to have errors but does
have an MTM.TSK. This is what I'm currently playing with. If
the MTMSGN problems can be resovled I'll likely switch back
to 8.1 since it's much nicer.

The OS/32 7.2 "Operations Primer" has a short section on MTM.
It says an "AUF" file is needed but gives no format information.
An "Authorized User Utility" is mentioned but that doesn't appear
to be on any of the MTM tapes.

Don