[Simh] EXT :Re: MicroVAX II time across boots

Hittner, David T (IS) david.hittner at ngc.com
Mon Apr 11 09:42:25 EDT 2016

VMS checks the base time stamp time written in OS files vs. the clock during boot. If the time is too far off, you will be prompted to enter the system time.

Once a year or so, you have to issue a “$ SET TIME” command in VMS with no parameters to cause VMS to rewrite the base time stamp in the OS file.
The next reboot should not prompt for system time.

Dave