[Simh] MicroVax 3900 Networking on a Macbook Air

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Sat Oct 3 21:03:22 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Thanks for these tips. I’m stuck trying to get SIMH to build with VDE support. I just installed it manually, and it ended up in /usr/local.
SIMH doesn’t seem to see /usr/local/lib as a valid library path. I’ve tried “make LPATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib,” but that doesn’t seem to have any impact at all.
I’m trying to follow the makefile logic and finding it a bit dense. It looks like it *should* work, but I’m just getting Tun/Tap and PCAP.

Anybody have experience patching the Makefile to work?
Thanks much,
Zack.