[Simh] terminal multiplexers

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Nov 12 08:51:35 EST 2015

On 2015-11-12 06:03, Jacob Goense wrote:
> Simh simulates a telnet speaking terminal multiplexer.
> What were the primordial real systems actually doing this?

Maybe I missed it, but what terminal multiplexor do simh simulate?
Or what do you mean by a terminal multiplexor here?

Are you simply talking about the fact that simh sets up a telnet port
for incoming connections, and distribute these to multiple simulated
serial ports?

I mean, serial ports on computers are nothing new. And having
controllers with multiple serial ports is also nothing new.

The fact that simh can simulate these, and map them to telnet ports do
not make a terminal multiplexor of any sort.

	Johnny