[Simh] terminal multiplexers

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Thu Nov 12 15:15:02 EST 2015

Al Kossow wrote:
> On 11/12/15 5:25 AM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> > DEC's DECserver, Xyplex Maxserver, Annex terminal servers, and Xylogics

Didn't Xylogics buy the Annex from Encore?

> UB was XNS ....

Boston University had a terminal network that ran over CATV wiring.
I'm not sure I ever knew what protocols were being used for "native"
services. We also wired up the UB boxes via parallel port to VAXen and
ran TCP/IP between VAXen (4.2BSD and VMS).

An even earlier generation of "terminal network" was the Gandalf switch.