[Simh] PDP-12

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sat Jun 6 06:41:39 EDT 2015

Thanks for the simulator pointer, but no, I can't use it.

SimH is licensed under an MIT/X11/do-anything-you-damned-well-want Open
Source license. Andreas' is using GPL v2, which is viral and
contaminating. I don't want SimH entangled with GPL v2 or v3 components.
The lesser or library GPL v2 license is fine.

Implementers of SimH need to be aware of the licensing model; I hope
they are. From what I can tell, implementers in the GitHub repository
have been reproducing the copyright/license headers from the original
code, substituting their names, which is just fine.

/Bob