[Simh] PDP-12

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Jun 6 07:47:43 EDT 2015

On Saturday, June 06, 2015 at 3:42 AM, Bob Supnik wrote:
> Thanks for the simulator pointer, but no, I can't use it.
>
> SimH is licensed under an MIT/X11/do-anything-you-damned-well-want
> Open Source license. Andreas' is using GPL v2, which is viral and
> contaminating. I don't want SimH entangled with GPL v2 or v3 components.
> The lesser or library GPL v2 license is fine.
>
> Implementers of SimH need to be aware of the licensing model; I hope they
> are. From what I can tell, implementers in the GitHub repository have been
> reproducing the copyright/license headers from the original code,
> substituting their names, which is just fine.

I review this specifically before new simulators are added to the GitHub repo.  Some authors have initially had GPL license language, and I've required the authors to change their language before inclusion.  I have met no resistance on this.

If the original author of the code is willing to change the terms, no harm is done.

- Mark