[Simh] Multiple telnet ports in SimH to RSTS/E 9.6

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:19:45 EST 2015

I am not able to figure out what devices to enable in SimH PDP-11 to get
multiple telnet connections in RSTS/E 9.6.

I'm using a PDP-11/73 with 4megs of memory and I have the console
configured:

SET CONSOLE TELNET=10000

I am able to telnet into port 10000. It works as a login terminal no
problem.

But, then I also tried to set up some DZ11 lines to support additional
logins over local telnet:

SET DZ ENABLE
SET DZ LINES=8
ATTACH DZ  10001
SHOW DZ

but these don't seem to be picked up by RSTS/E. SimH let's me connect
via telnet to ports 10001-10007, but RSTS/E does not respond in the
telnet session. I reviewed my sysgen for RSTS/E and it doesn't appear to
have a DZ11 peripheral configuration section. My sense is that RSTS/E
doesn't support DZ11s.

Here is the relevant section of the sysgen:
Accept Peripheral defaults ?    <N >
---snip disk drives, paper tape, etc.
DMC11's/DMR11's ?               <00>
DMV11's/DMP11's ?               <00>
IBM 3271 or 2780/3780 simultaneous links ?      <00>
RJ2780 support ?                <N >

In looking at the
AA-2669J-TC_RSTS-E_System_Installation_and_Update_Guide.pdf file, page
49. It has this to say about the IBM 3271 or 2780/3780 option (sounds
like an alternative device to the DZ?):

Explanation - Each KMC-11 microprocessor controls one DUP11 synchronous
line interface to the 3271 or 2780/3780 host... and so on.

My questions are:
Does SimH support the KMC-11/DUP11 pairing somehow?
Or is there another suitable device available in SimH for providing
access to RSTS/E via telnet?
If so, what are the device names on the SimH side and the RSTS/E side of
things?

Thanks,

Will