[Simh] EXT :Re: PDP-10 simulation: DEUNA support help needed

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 27 16:32:11 EDT 2015

On 2015-04-27 22:22, Johnny Eriksson wrote:
> Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
>> Just as a clarification/expansion...
>>
>> KICKI was/is a KI-10 (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, and sometimes 3 cpus)
>> running in Stockholm many years ago. It is owned by Peter Lothberg, and
>> members of the Stacken Computer Club had accounts on the machine. KICKI
>> was running Tops-10 V7.03 last I know it was running.
>>
>> Stacken is a computer club located at the Royal Institute of Technology
>> in Stockholm (KTH). KTH had many PDP-10 systems in the 80s, inclduing
>> some KS machines, some of which are still around.
>> Stacken, at one point, had gathered additional PDP-10s from various
>> places around the world, and might have had the largest collections of
>> PDP-10s anywhere. Most of been scrapped now, I think. Sad, but problems
>> with space...
>
> Stacken and Peter broke up a long time ago.  Let's just say that the
> divorce was ugly.  Peter got custody of most of the PDP10 stuff, and
> it was moved to a storage facility of his.  It might still be there,
> I have no idea, and I am (still) not on speaking terms with him.

I know there was a fallout, and I was even around back then, but I was
not involved, and have no clue on details. (And I am still on speaking
terms with Peter.)

Anyway, I thought that Stackens machines had met a sadder fate, so I
guess it is good news if Peter have them.

> A couple of KS machines was kept, and one of them was actually up and
> running less than a year ago when the KTH CS department had its 50
> year anniversary.  (It was actually their first "real" computer).

Nice to hear they had it up and running. I was (somewhat) involved when
the other KSes moved out.

> It is still hidden away somewhere, but there is at the moment no place
> where it could be placed in running condition.  It needs a good home.

Hmm. I hope it's ok for now. But if things turn critical, let me know. I
think I can round up some people to rescue things, if needed.

>> The last few of posts have all been referring to the same software. I
>> might even have some suspicions of at least some of the people who might
>> have been involved in writing that code.
>
> It might be someone that's on this list, and shares his name with you :->

You were definitely on my short list, yes. ;-)

	Johnny