[Simh] Stacken DEC2020 [Was: Re: EXT :Re: PDP-10 simulation: DEUNA support help needed]

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Tue Apr 28 03:19:22 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:32:11PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Anyway, I thought that Stackens machines had met a sadder fate, so I
> guess it is good news if Peter have them.

I think most survived in one way or another. Peter at least had this in
storage at some point:
http://www.stupi.se/Bilder/pdp-10/

Although, this on twitter made me wonder:
https://twitter.com/brouhaha/status/533019143465734145

I queried Peter about it, but go no reply. I suppose I might not be on
speaking terms with him either :D It would be onesided though, I have
nothing against him.

> Nice to hear they had it up and running. I was (somewhat) involved
> when the other KSes moved out.

I think you are talking about the same machine(s). We helped move out
Helena (the 11/70) and Venus (my KS10) when stacken needed space. Nadja
(a KS10) was left behind and was brought up some time later on. It was
used, among other things, to retrieve a source copy of "Stugan" from
some disk pack.

Also, the other Johnny(hi Bygg) together with Haba has Aurora, a KS10
which may or may not be complete.

> Hmm. I hope it's ok for now. But if things turn critical, let me
> know. I think I can round up some people to rescue things, if
> needed.

A KS10 would be an easy decision. My place is full, but I can think of
several other places. Although Nadja came with a boatload of peripherals
so it's quite a big system.

Hopefully my post cleard up some confusion rather than creating it :)

Regards,
Pontus.