[Simh] EXT :Re: PDP-10 simulation: DEUNA support help needed

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Mon Apr 27 22:22:42 EDT 2015

Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> Just as a clarification/expansion...
>
> KICKI was/is a KI-10 (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, and sometimes 3 cpus)
> running in Stockholm many years ago. It is owned by Peter Lothberg, and
> members of the Stacken Computer Club had accounts on the machine. KICKI
> was running Tops-10 V7.03 last I know it was running.
>
> Stacken is a computer club located at the Royal Institute of Technology
> in Stockholm (KTH). KTH had many PDP-10 systems in the 80s, inclduing
> some KS machines, some of which are still around.
> Stacken, at one point, had gathered additional PDP-10s from various
> places around the world, and might have had the largest collections of
> PDP-10s anywhere. Most of been scrapped now, I think. Sad, but problems
> with space...

Stacken and Peter broke up a long time ago.  Let's just say that the
divorce was ugly.  Peter got custody of most of the PDP10 stuff, and
it was moved to a storage facility of his.  It might still be there,
I have no idea, and I am (still) not on speaking terms with him.

A couple of KS machines was kept, and one of them was actually up and
running less than a year ago when the KTH CS department had its 50
year anniversary.  (It was actually their first "real" computer).

It is still hidden away somewhere, but there is at the moment no place
where it could be placed in running condition.  It needs a good home.

> The last few of posts have all been referring to the same software. I
> might even have some suspicions of at least some of the people who might
> have been involved in writing that code.

It might be someone that's on this list, and shares his name with you :->

> 	Johnny

--Johnny