[Simh] Escape sequence problem with VMS/DECterm

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Apr 12 16:11:30 EDT 2015

Hi Alan,

Well, the problem you are seeing is the default modes TTO (output).  The default input (TTI) mode is 7b, the default output (TTO) mode is 7p.

7p is 7 bit data and with non-printing characters suppressed on output.

Setting the mode of either TTI or TTO device sets them both to the same mode, so setting TTI 7b or 8b removes the suppression of non-printing output characters on TTO.

Since the documentation did not reflect the actual code I will change the documentation since folks may have configuration files which depend on the original (undocumented) behavior.  The latest documentation is in the doc directory of the github simh repo.

- Mark